tangazo

Friday, August 31, 2012

Berbatov joins Fulham from Manchester United



Fulham has officially completed the signing of Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov on a two-year contract.

Despite a last-ditch attempt from former club Tottenham to hijack the deal earlier on deadline day, the 31-year-old has put pen to paper on a deal at Craven Cottage that will run until 2014.

Speaking to his new club's official website, Berbatov said: “I’m delighted to have signed for Fulham and I look forward to playing under Martin Jol once again.

"As soon as I was aware of Fulham’s interest my decision to join was an easy one to make. I’m impressed with the set up here and the people have made me feel welcome. There is a close and personal feel around the club and I can’t wait to get started.”

Jol was delighted at his capture of the Bulgarian, speaking of his admiraiton for the player's talents.

“Dimitar is a player I’ve always admired. He did well for me at Spurs and I’m sure that he will do well here at Fulham," he said. "He is a player of great quality and technical ability who will give me the attacking option I’ve been looking for. When he’s not scoring goals, his ingenuity often leads chances being created for his team-mates.

"I’m delighted that we’ve been able to convince him to come to us, as there was a lot of attention from other clubs.”

In comfirming the sale of Berbatov, Manchester United released a farewell statement wishing the player well after he spent four seasons at Old Trafford.

The statement, which praised the striker, read: "An artist as much as a sportsman, Berbatov delighted in making football beautiful.

"He took as much pleasure in setting up goals as he did scoring them, although he will probably be best remembered by United fans for a historic hat-trick against Liverpool – the first by a Red in 64 years – in 2010-11."

No comments:

Translate